Saturday, June 23rd
12:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Corner of Main and Morris Streets
What Happened in the Public Safety Meeting on May 10?
A group of residents met to discuss what’s good, what we’d like to see change and how we could work together to improve the South End. Here are some things people identified for Public Safety in the South End:
· Crime Watch
· Increase of Police Presence
· Better lighting on Side Streets
· Public Education
· Youth Engagement
• Collaboration with all South End Partners
• Build the South End Community Center
• Increase Community Organizing
• Create Productive Re-entry Programs
Out of everything that was discussed, residents voted on their top three priorities:
1) Neighborhood Crime Watch
2) Planning of Youth Activities/Opportunities
3) Rebuilding of the South End Community Center
Community Task Forces are being organized to address these priorities. If you are interested in participating in this effort, please use the contact information below.
Choice Neighborhoods and community revitalization meetings are ongoing. Get involved! What’s your vision for the South End?
Over the last couple of months the City of Springfield has been interviewing a large number of residents in the South End. Please join us on Saturday, June 23rd when we share the findings of this effort.
How can I get more information?
Call: Kelvin Molina, HAPHousing, 233-1669, or Samalid Hogan, City of Springfield, 787-6020
<< Download the Flyer >>