Mayor Domenic J. Sarno has announced that the Request for Qualifications/Proposal (RFQ/P) for Marijuana Establishments to operate in the City of Springfield will be available on Monday, April 1, 2019.
“We have followed much the same process as was done in allowing a medical marijuana facility here in Springfield. Key here is that any potential establishment must be respectful of our City neighborhoods and/or business district areas. As far as enforcement aspects, as long as a business is properly operating within legal and public health and safety guidelines, it should be fine,” said Mayor Sarno.
Proposers are prohibited from communicating directly with any employee of the City regarding the RFQ/P and no other individual City employee or representative is authorized to provide any information or respond to any question or inquiry concerning the RFQ/P.
Following is a timetable for interested applicants:
- RFQ/P issued April 1, 2019
- Written questions from interested proposers concerning RFQ/P April 15, 2019
- Written responses from City to questions posted on COMMBUYS and
City website April 22, 2019
- Written requests for Public Presentations April 22, 2019
- Public Presentations by proposers May 7 & May 8, 2019
RFQ/P Responses due by 5:00 p.m. May 20, 2019
- City announces name of proposer(s) qualifying for right to
negotiate agreement June 17, 2019