There will be no collection of trash, recycling, or bulk item materials on Wednesday, December 25th, 2019 due to the Christmas day holiday and Wednesday January 1st, 2020 for New Year’s holiday
Residents normally scheduled for trash and recycling materials on December 25th will be picked up on Saturday, December 28th, 2019
Residents normally scheduled for trash and recycling materials on January 1st will be picked up on Saturday, January 4th, 2020
- Please have your items at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on Saturday
Christmas trees will be collected starting Tuesday January 14th through January 31st. After this time, Christmas trees can be dropped off at the Bondi Island landfill. As a reminder, all trees must be free from all decorations, including lights, ornaments, and tree stands.
RECYCLING (do's and don'ts)
Please DO include the following items in your Single Stream recycling mix:
- corrugated cardboard boxes. Flatten and tie in 3’ x3’ bundles, no tape. No waxed cardboard.
- paperboard gift boxes
- greeting cards (except those with foil, metallic inks, or glitter)
- gift wrap, gift bags, tissue wrap (except those with foil, metallic inks, or glitter).
- paper shopping bags (any type of handle is okay).
- newspapers / inserts, magazines/catalogs
- paperbacks & phone books
- junk mail – windowed envelopes are OK.
- white and colored paper, computer paper, shredded paper – place in paper bags.
- all plastic bottles, jars, tubs and plastic microwave trays/containers under 2 gallons in size
- glass bottles/jars, all colors and sizes – Please remove and discard all caps
- aluminum, tin/steel cans and lids and aluminum foil
Please DO NOT include the following items in your recycling mix:
- ribbons, bows, and tinsel.
- packing peanuts and Styrofoam
- holiday lights
- paint or aerosol cans or other metal items
- broken or other glass such as light bulbs, window - auto glass, dishes, glasses, Pyrex, ceramics
- no plastic grocery/newspaper bags
- containers over 2 gallons in size, motor oil, chemical or foam containers or flower pots
- pizza boxes
- used paper plates, cups, napkins, toilet tissue